Learn to Drop Spindle
January 14th & 21st, 12-1:30pm
In this 2-session class, students will learn the basics of spinning their own yarn using a drop spindle. Our instructor Hannah will walk you through the process of creating your own yarn, from choosing the appropriate fiber all the way through to choosing the perfect project for your finished yarn.
Techniques covered will include:
- Basic spinning terminology and an introduction to the history of spinning
- How to choose the appropriate fiber
- Two ways to spin yarn
- How to ply two strands of yarn together
- How to block your finished yarn and set the twist
- How to use hand spun yarn and how to spin for a project
Class fee includes a drop spindle and 4 ounces of fiber.